A Day on The Ashram Camino
This exclusive program is limited to 12 guests per retreat. It includes 7 days walking and 8 nights accommodations. Average daily mileage is 15-20 miles.
- Begin your day with early morning yoga and breathing meditation
- Breakfast is served and then start your walk for the day - We will transport your luggage from one hotel to the next. All you need on your walk is your day pack)
- Lunch and Snacks - The Ashram Camino staff will be with you on the path as well as at snack points and lunch places. You can have lunch anytime you get into the designated village. You do not have to wait for everyone to arrive. This walk is about finding your own rhythm.
- At the end of the day, relax with a well deserved 30 min massage
- Evening restorative yoga
- Dinner is enjoyed together with the other guests in your group
To identify you as a pilgrim, you will receive a scallop shell to put on your backpack as well as a special passport unique to The Camino. Along your walk, collect 2 stamps per day from churches, restaurants or hotels to show that you have completed the 120 mile distance once you get to Santiago.
FOR RESERVATIONS OR INFORMATION
We are happy to answer your questions and reserve your time with us at The Ashram Camino!
You will be staying in quaint hotels along the way. We have chosen great little places that sometimes are off the path and will require us to drive you a few miles in each direction. A few of the hotels are reserved only for our group. Most rooms are double occupancy but we have a few single rooms that are given on a first come first serve basis. Accommodations are clean and simple with en suite bathrooms.
Included on your retreat is breakfast, lunch, dinner, water and snacks. You might need a few euros for any extra drinks or goodies you decide to get along the way. You will be served a healthy preset "Pilgrim Menu” with choice of fish, meat or a vegetarian option and always accompanied by a mixed green salad.
This pilgrimage will take you out of your comfort zone on many levels. For example, gluten free breads rarely exists so flexibility is required here.
We are not going to restrict our guests from the whole Camino experience; where sharing a glass of wine with fellow pilgrims is a common ritual at dinner time. We let it be a personal choice what to have or not.
This is part of the fun and exciting experiences of The Camino!!!!
Rates & Reservations
The cost for the 7 days walking, 8 nights accommodation is $5,500 per person all-inclusive .The three hour transport from Hotel Palacio del Carmen in Santiago de Compostela to Villa Franca de Bierzo where our walk starts is also included.
Your deposit of US $2000 is required to reserve your place with us and is refundable only if you cancel 90 days in advance of your arrival minus a 10% cancellation fee. After that time, your deposit will be forfeited.
Your balance will be charged to the same credit card 60 days prior to your arrival. Please note that if you cancel after that date, you forfeit the entire cost.
We strongly recommend travel insurance for any unexpected change in plans.