In a world of distractions and constant change, The Ashram’s program is set up to let you reconnect to yourself, while empowering each guest to find their inner and outer strength to climb any “mountain.”
You’ll transform the body, mind, and soul as you immerse yourself each day in our simple but effective program.
Start your days with a sunrise yoga class in our geodesic dome, then set out for a challenging hike through the natural, unspoiled mountains that hug the Pacific Coast. Guests will enjoy participating in fun and invigorating fitness classes including strength training, functional movement work and our signature activity; pool volleyball. Delight and rejuvenate your body with a daily sports massage and in the evenings, enjoy restorative yoga and various lectures including meditation, breath work and body/mind discussions.
Each activity is specially designed to not only tone and balance your body, but to help you create a new awareness and relationship with yourself, your loved ones, and the world around you.
After seven days at The Ashram and having hiked over 70 miles, your body is toned, your mind is purged, and your spirit is soaring. Your life is balanced. You feel lighter and a new awareness of your relationship to the world begins to unfold. You are glowing and have embraced your own exquisite beauty and strength. You finally realize,“WOW, I really can do anything.”
A Day at The Ashram
- 5:30am Wake up to gentle knock on your door
- 6:00am Sunrise yoga in our geodesic dome
- 7:00am Breakfast - Example: Eggie Tacos with fresh cilantro de gallo salsa and sprouted tortillas
- 8:00am-1:00pm Hike various challenging trails in the Santa Monica mountains
- 2:00pm Lunch - Example: Brown rice nori rolls with beet green salad sprinkled with edible flowers
- 2:30pm Rest hour and daily sports massage
- 3:30pm Pool exercise class and water volleyball
- 4:15pm Snack- Example: Crunchy flax cracker with creamy almond butter and blueberries
- 4:30pm Fitness class (including circuit and strength training, free weights, barre work and one-on-one boxing)
- 6:00pm Restorative yoga
- 7:00pm Dinner- Example: Warm harvest bowl with chewy grains, crisp kale and tender arugula
- 7:30pm Evening Lectures (breath work, mindful meditation and informative food demonstrations)
- 8:30pm Off to a well deserved rest